Sunday, January 13, 2013

Trying times coming ashore

It is amazing to me the human need for love for finding someone that we can completely be ourselves around without a worry or care in the world. It amazes me how on this journey we will completely give up everything forget those around us and become defensive to keep what we want to work. Although if it is real we shouldn't have to put our defenses up. We should never have to question if the one we love loves us, if not equally, more. We will put ourselves out there let them tear down our brick walls to climb over. It is when we open ourselves up let others in and then get hurt by them we build our walls thicker and stronger. Using more mortar to keep our walls together so we will not get hurt the next time. Yet, we do over and over and over again. Because once something has been broken it is hard to piece it back together the more it breaks the harder it is to put back together.
We should never feel like a piece of worthless prey. As the hawk looks for the best prize choosing which snake is the best. A bad hawk will look for the snakes put them in a pile search for the one he thinks is the best and let the others suffer as they die from the wounds that the talons cut into them. They will be hurt and give up. A good hawk will keep its eyes open looking for what he thinks is the best prey he will choose his pray wisely and get what he wants fight for what he wants and choose his prey with good intentions of feeding his soul. The difference is one wastes and the other one selectively chooses even if it means fighting for what he wants.
Every single person deserves to find that person that will knock down buildings, jump over fences, kick down doors just to be with you. There is a point when you have to realize what the difference between lust, liking  physical attraction, and true love is. Sometimes we will be hurt in the process but we have to know what it is like to be hurt so we can know what it is like to be healed.
I personally do not know if one can ever truely take away that pain and those cracks but I can imagine someone can mend them and make them feel better and fill in the pain with the love they will devote to you. The pain is there to help you grow and learn. The road getting to this point is not fun. It is not a smooth road it has bumps, turns, potholes, ice, roundabouts, stop signs, yield signs, and loop de loops. The memories are not what maters but the journey getting to there is.
I believe when you can totally submerge yourself into getting to know someone have them know your vulnerabilities, your fears, your deepest secrets and know for a fact that no judgement will be forced upon you because you are all that matters is that moment when you should realize you are loved. I have never been healed with someones love. I hope one day it will happen but I know for a fact that good things will come if I am patient and hold out for someone who wants to be with me and can't live without me.
Another thing I have learned. Is you will never know someones pain unless you have experienced something similar. We can go through saying I am sorry but until we have been there all we can be is a sympathizer. Even then we can not make the experiences go away we can't make the pain go away because that is their choice to decide what they want to do from their they have a fork in the road and they have to decide which way to take. Either a dark way or a positive way. Sometimes it may feel like we are in a dark small space with no cracks of hope but we may be looking in the wrong direction. Or thinking there is no hope for us. But I believe the latter to be false. I believe there is always hope always a better way because learning from our small trials can help us overcome great trials. Because we will learn that small bumps in the road can help prepare us for those holes in the road. It can help us to grow, expand, and help others to understand that you have been there too. That their road is not to different from yours.
I know we are given choices and experiences to help us to determine what type of people we want to become. I know that we have been given these choices ever since we were wee lil lads. I know that who we are today is who we are because we made these choices. I know I have personally not made the best choices. I have had to learn from my mistakes and I have had to learn from the trials I face on a day to day basis. I am not perfect I am learning. I have pain, heartache, happiness, but I know that this is all creating me to be a better, stronger, happier me.
I hope people can realize when times get rough its not the end it may seem like it but its not. Good things are about to come ashore. Unless we are choosing bad roads on purpose. make the best choices you can and know good things will come from it. We are human we make mistakes but learning from them is what makes us better.

1 comment:

  1. Des...if you can forever remember these positive words, even in the darkest times remember there is light...you will always be okay. I know for a fact you are meant for great things and will find great love...you will. Don't ever stop believing that.
    I love you, am so proud of you and the wisdom you are developing!
    xoxo
    Kaycee

    ReplyDelete